- the closed adoption system negatively impacts adoptees, first relatives, and adoptive relatives
- every member of the adoption community deserves to be treated with respect
- adoption is a life-long process, which may affect individuals in varying degrees at differing times in life.
- the right of every adult adoptee to obtain copies of his/her original Statement of Live Birth
- the right of every adult adoptee and first relative to obtain identifying information about relatives lost through adoption and fostering
- the right of adult adoptees and first parents to obtain a copy of files pertaining to the adoption held by the children's aid society, government agencies and hospital.